8/3/07

it's here and it's now

Upon further consideration, I realized that the revolution is here and now. Just because I am a mom, doesn't mean I'm not part of a revolution. Just cause I spend most of my days in the garden, digging up vegetables doesn't mean I can't change the world.

In fact, CSA farms were started by a group of housewives in Japan who wanted to know where their food was coming from. They started working directly with organic farmers...and soon the word spread and the CSA revolution was born.

And there are also mothers who are sending their breastmilk to Africa to feed the orphans whose mother's have died of AIDS. If that is not revolutionary, I don't know what is.

These women are revolutionaries. And they are moms. Huh.
Who woulda thought....

3 comments:

Team Bartz said...

Heck yea being a mom is revolutionary, Amanda. I love your thoughts!
We are going to Wilco if the little one allows. She should because she grew up listening to Wilco in utero. I would love to see you and meet your little chunk. We too have a chunker on our hands. She is two weeks and almost 10 lbs. I love chunky babies...chunky equals loved and healthy!
See you soon!!!

Anne said...

Good, good - there are revolutions all around us and in us. You have been and always will be one who asks questions, acts on instincts, and makes things happen! :)

paige said...

amen to that.