4/3/08

lately

i've been writing a lot. just not on my blog.

i write in my journal mostly. but i also write little notes to avery. trying to keep track of his life through the little moments i get to witness. i have never actually considered myself "a writer" but it is what i do.

i've been working on a lot of pieces about motherhood. about raising a boy. about working with dying patients. about farming. about how i'm trying to figure things out. i'm usually pretty secretive about my writing. but recently i have been asked to put myself out there. so i did.

you can check out my story for sexual assault awareness month in the Northfield News.i didn't think anyone read the paper anymore. isn't print dead? apparently not as i've had numerous people tell me that my story touched them in some way. and that is the beauty of sharing stories.

you can also read an article i was asked to write about g diapers (with a picture of Avery!) in the Northfield Co-op Newsletter
The Compost. i couldn't resist putting in a plug for diaper free since i believe in it so much. you can also see photos and a little paragraph about the flowers I arranged for a couple on the front page in "our local wedding." soon the flowers and vegetables will be up and i'll be busy harvesting and arranging. but as for now,

this is what i've been up to lately.

7 comments:

Anne said...

the photo of avery is so cute! wonderful article by you and matt!

and i think it is beautiful and brave that you shared your story in the northfield news. you are pretty much my hero.

love you!

keo boun pheng said...

oooooooooooh amanda.....

i did not know...

you continuously prove to be such a strong woman - i am amazed by you again and again .... if it wasn't 10pm on sunday night, i would call you...

my dear, amanda....

paige said...

you are so brave. i love you.

Anne said...

Thank you for sharing, especially your powerful story in the Northfield News but also about the diversity of your writing. I'm impressed you can fit it all in!
Anne

Natalie Ellen Eamonn said...

nice to see you writing..and about such life changing topics...because of you we are so blessed to have a strong women amongest us! take care, love to the family, nat

Anonymous said...

Amanda what a wonderful story about the flowers and avery. You are not only a great women,friend,mother now you are also a great writter!Sharing your story about abuse and the proof that you can recover is an inpiration to all women and children. You are A brave,strong beatiful women. You should be so proud of yourself. I'm sure from your work at the Hope center and sharing your story you WILL help some one.Keep on writting. You have the gift.

Betsy said...

The Northfield link is no longer working. Would love to read your piece, if there is another way to see it.

Someday I hope to get to know you in person. For now I love being blog penpals. The bits of you I know are wonderful....