4/22/06

our town

it's my first saturday morning post-thesis. matt's working and I am...well...i am sort of at a loss for what to do.

so, i'm sitting at the ole store, working on my second latte (ok, maybe my third, but who's counting?)

Then, i did something i've never done before....I bought the Northfield News.

i love that i can come to a coffee shop and feel like i'm just sitting at home. i love that i know everyone here and nearly everyone who walks by on this gorgeous day. i love that the cover story of the paper is of Al Franken, who was speaking here last night. I also love that further in the paper, i find a story about the local trout lilies, which are now in bloom and grow only within 3 counties of the WORLD! and i love that i live in one of those counties. and i also love that i can take a class on the "ethics and aesthetics of travel photograpy" in our town, and then go hang out with some 'townies" at Boonies bar.

i love that despite all the places i've lived, i feel most at home...in our town.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why oh why did I leave Northfield ?!?

SHale said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SHale said...

Well said. I like it here too... I'm going to go walk to the coop now... maybe chat with the kids hanging out by the Civil War memorial in Bridge Square... and enjoy the sun & the river. Then off to the arb... :)

amanda jane said...

i'm glad some locals and some former locals are here to represent the american nf. we miss you brandt. sarah, lets walk through the arb soon to see the trout lilies. bry and chanda, your versions of the tale are a little different..."crap this looks just like northfield?!!" say what? anyway bryan's descriptions sounds nothing like nf...wine...ocean views...oh my!

amanda jane said...

don't you hate when people delete their comments??? I always wonder...what did they say and why did they delete it? if anyone is responsible for this, please come forward...I would like to know.

Anne said...

I want to live in Northfield.